If running winrm quickconfig on every XenApp server is not efficient for your site, you can configure WinRM using Microsoft Group Policy. Settings configured by Group Policy overrides the configuration changes made by the installer or configuration changes made locally on the desktop.
Complete the following procedure to configure WinRM using Group Policy:
- Set the WinRM service to auto start:
- In the Group Policy Editor, navigate to Computer Configuration Policies Windows Settings Security Settings System Services.
- Double click Windows Remote Management (WS-Management) and set it to Automatic.
- Create the WinRM listener:
c. In the Group Policy Editor, navigate to Computer Configuration Policies Administrative Templates Windows Components Windows Remote Management (WinRM) WinRM Service.
d. Double click Allow automatic configuration of listeners and configure the IPv4 filter to *.
- Create a firewall exception for WinRM:
e. In the Group Policy Editor, navigate to Computer Configuration Policies Windows Settings Security Settings Windows Firewall with Advanced Security.
f. Create an Inbound Rule for WinRM for port 5985.
- After configuring the preceding three group policies, restart the server to update the group policies and start the WinRM service.