It is often useful to remotely manage your Citrix server farm from your desktop or a management workstation, the only issue is that in a Citrix Presentation Server 4.5 farm installed on Windows Server 2003, remote connections are disabled by default.
The Citrix Access Management console used COM+ to communicate to the server farm as as such Network COM+ connections need to be enabled. To enable this follow these steps on each of the Citrix servers you will connect to:
1. Click Start then select Control Panel
2. Double click Add Remove Programs
3. Select Add Remove Windows Components
4. Highlight Application Server and click Details
5. Tick Enable Network COM+ Access and click OK then Next to install
6. Once installed click Finish
Now that Network COM+ is enabled on the Windows Server you will be able to successfully run discovery from your management workstation.