How to Migrate Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager to a New Server
this is a mix of information taken from the Symantec Forum and Support Case area
“How do I move Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager from one server to another with a different IP address and Host name”
Follow the steps below to move Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager from one server to another with a different IP address and Host name:
1. Install Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager on the new server
2. In the Management Server Configuration Wizard panel, check Install an additional site, and then click Next
3. In the Server Information panel, accept or change the default values for the following boxes, and then click Next
4. Installing and configuring Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager for replication
Server Data Folder
5. In the Site Information panel, accept or change the name in the Site Name box, and then click Next
6. In the Replication Information panel, type values in the following boxes:
Replication Server Name
(The Name or IP address of the old Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager)
Replication Server Port
(The default is 8443)
(The Username used to log on to the old console)
(The password used to log on to the old console.)
7. Click Next
8. In the Certificate Warning dialog box, click Yes
9. In the Database Server Choice panel, do one of the following, and then click Next
Check Embedded database, and complete the installation.
Check Microsoft SQL Server, and complete the installation.
now choose your db engine
10. Log in to the new Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM) and ensure that all the policies are Migrated sucessfully
11. Click Policies
12. Click Policy Components
13. Click Management Server Lists
14. Click Add Management Server List
15. Click Add > Priority and a new Prioriry would get added named as Priority2
16. Add the Old server under Prority2 and add the new one under Prority1
Assigning a management server list to a group and location
After you add a policy, you need to assign it to a group or a location or both. Otherwise the management server list is not effective. You must have finished adding or editing a management server list before you can assign the list.
To assign a management server list to a group and location:
- In the Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager console, click Policies .
- In the Policies page, under View Policies, click Policy Components > Management Server Lists.
- In the Policies page, under Tasks, click Assign the list.
- In the Apply Management server list, check the groups and locations to which you want to apply the management server list.
- Click Assign.
- When you are prompted, click Yes.
17. After the sucessful Migration uninstall the old Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager (SEPM)